Sonntag, 27. September 2009

A Moment of Weakness

So, just in case anyone was taking bets, I've been in Germany less than a week, and already I've managed to purchase several books (as though I weren't lugging around enough stuff as it is).

I went to the Pergomon Museum this morning so I could see the Ishtar Gate and some other exhibits which had been closed when I was there last summer...The weekly antique market was set up in the street outside, and of course I couldn't just walk by without seeing whether any of the booksellers had anything good, now could I? For three Euros I came back with a commentary by Denniston and Page on Aeschylus' Agamemnon, and a two volume text + commentary in German of Greek lyric poetry. There were some other interesting titles, but I restrained myself fairly well, I think, the stuff in German I should be able to find again if I really want it, but the Greek texts were too good of an opportunity to pass up.

1 Kommentar:

Mattitiahu hat gesagt…

Ahh the Denniston and Page Agamemnon Commentary... :) A classic. I myself remember rejoicing as I found an old red-cloth Oxford hardcover of it for $15 Canadian in a used bookstore around here... though clearly you got a far better deal than I did. :)

Congratulations on your finds.

Kommentar veröffentlichen